Wednesday 9 January 2013

Something Vintage maybe.................

As a little girl (like most little girls would do) I use to LOVE playing dress up with my mom's old clothes. There were long dresses(from the'70's) short ones like this beauty (from the '50's and '60's) lots of very pointy high heel shoes and old hats.

is it not absolutely gorgeous
detail on the bodice
 it will be an absolute sin to keep it in the cupboard so I have it hanging in my bedroom
very different but I like it.  Thinking back maybe I should have kept all her vintage dresses, bad luck hey at least this one stayed with me, it reminds me of my Mom every time I admire it.

Laugh Live Love

Heloise



6 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful dress and all the more precious because it reminds you of your Mum.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this really brings back memories! Het nie geweet jy het die rok nie. Mammie se dit lyk pragtig in jou kamer:-) Om die rok in goeie toestand te hou moet jy miskien daaraan dink om dit te raam?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Heloise................. such a treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress and it's lovely that you have it hanging up where you can see it. Elisabeth xx

    ReplyDelete